We're becoming frequent flyers in the ER here, NOT a positive thing. Can we POSSIBLY stay out of there for longer than a week at a time this football season?? You got it. Colby was injured in a JV game Thursday afternoon, and he was having the game of his life. Two fumble recoveries and a 40-yard punt return?? Wow. He had his left leg planted, and an opposing player hit it from the inside, causing it to deviate outward. He came out for a few plays and then attempted to go back in but was kicked in the knee by one of his teammates, and out he came, and to the ER we headed. They even put us in the same room he had been in a week earlier!
This is the same knee he broke a couple years ago while sledding. On followup x-rays at that time, we discovered that he has Osgood-Schlatter disease in his knees (read about this disease here). The ER doc confirmed that the Osgood-Schlatter is still present, but there are no fractures. That's good. He suggested followup with the orthopedist. The orthopedist was able to see us this morning, and he isn't liking how the knee is feeling to him, so he is sending Colby for an MRI on Tuesday, meaning Colby is out of football at least through next week. We'll see what happens then.
If that wasn't bad enough, Logan played 8th grade football in Hermiston at the same time Thursday and was hit by a pretty big kid who landed on Logan's elbow. Not only did Logan get hurt on the play, but the official called pass interference...ON LOGAN!! Craig said it was pretty obvious the penalty should have been offensive pass interference but whatevah.
So Thursday was NOT a good day for my boys and football!
This weekend is the last weekend of bow season, and Logan still has a tag. I think the guys are headed out, and I *really* need to get to the Tri-Cities and Costco soon. When we went to Boise school shopping a couple weeks ago, I missed Costco by 20 minutes...cuz the guys *had* to go to Cabela's! Pretty sad that you travel that far, only to miss it by only 20 minutes. I actually want to go to the mall, too, and that NEVER happens, but I do need to go.
I watched a fabulous movie tonight, We Are Marshall with People magazine's sexiest bachelor alive, Matthew McConaughey. I have watched almost every football movie out there, but this one ranks right up there as one of the best. I *loved* it! If you are a football fan (or a Matthew McConaughey fan...LOL!), you must watch this movie. Based on a true story, so it is pretty tragic, but they did a great job with it.
Must head to bed. Lindsey will drag me out of bed pretty early to head out...TTFN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment