That all makes for a pretty exciting week.
Craig managed to fill his elk tag this week. He took a beautiful 6-point bull. Looking at it in pictures, it looks bigger than the one already hanging in my house but Craig doesn't think so. He, of course, is getting this one mounted, also. The man is out of control, I tell ya. Lucky for me (unlucky?), we still have tags available in our household. Ugh. Will hunting season ever end?
Craig called me from practice Tuesday afternoon to tell me that he was on his way to the ER with Colby. He took a head-to-head shot during football practice that knocked him out. I met them there, and there sat my Colby, in a pink hospital gown and his football pants! Dang, if I hadn't left my camera at home!! The doc told him everything looked okay, but they took a CT scan to be on the safe side. In and out of the ER including a CT scan...90 minutes. Wow. Colby was pretty upset, though, because the doc told him to stay out of contact football for a week. Bummer. He was set to play all 4 quarters in the JV game the following Thursday. Instead, he went to the game and played cheerleader. He was thrilled, to say the least. I tried to explain to him that it was for his own good, to prevent further major head injury...but he was buying NONE of it.
Lindsey is editor of the LHS school newspaper, and that is already keeping her extremely busy. She may only be going to LHS for 3 classes per day, but this will entail her spending more time there. She only has a week until she starts EOU, and she is looking forward to that. She does have a couple classmates from LHS in her same classes at EOU.
Logan had a home football game this week, but I was not able to go. With this new job, working what amounts to "swing" shift, I'm not sure how many of the boys' games I'll make it to, and that is tragic. There aren't many things more important to me than attending all of my kids' school and sports events, but I can't afford to jeopardize this new job. We'll see how it goes. Unfortunately, none of the boys' games are on Friday (my day off) or before 3:00 (the beginning of my shift).
So my nephew Mason and the Umatilla Vikings came to Union to play the Bobcats Friday night. I had watched LHS the previous Friday get beat by Fruitland and with Colby watching from the sideline and not dressing down, I chose to spend my Friday evening in Union watching Mason and the Vikings take on Kyle and the Bobcats, while Craig and the boys watched LG take on Weiser. Neither game ended in a win for the local team, but I managed to get some pretty good pictures of Mason in the blue and Kyle in the red. Taking pictures of nighttime football games is always a little challenging, but I got a very select few...not as many as I wanted but such is life.
Pictures of the 6x6 to follow, with possibly a picture of Logan's bull, which he is after today...LOL! TTFN ~ Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment